Earn Money 9000 upto.. click it...

Sunday 14 August 2011

AjithHave Social Responsibility


Ajith Kumar opens up on his upcoming flick, bureaucracy and more... `I BELIEVE THAT POLITICS SHOULD BE KEPT OUT OF THE FILM INDUSTRY'
He's been around for almost two decades.

His films will touch the half-century mark with the soon-to-be released Mankatha. Ajith Kumar's journey in K'town may have been an arduous one, but this method actor is still considered the undisputed `king of openings' in the eyes of trade pundits.
Known for his candour, Ajith Kumar declares, `As an actor my primary responsibility is to entertain and nothing else'.

Here's Ajith in an exclusive conversation with DC.
You are the first to speak your mind on relevant issues when the need arises. On an earlier occasion when you felt the film fraternity should not be arm-twisted to attend political and social events, no one came forward to support your standpoint.
Now, the entire industry feels the same way.

What is your reaction to this?
I have very high regard for people in governance. I believe in democracy and in our political system. I had only expressed my displeasure against those few people within the film industry, who indulge in political stunts either to revive their sagging careers, to prove that they control the film industry or to gain mileage for a future in politics. I am of the opinion that bureaucracy and politics should be kept out of the film industry. As for nobody coming forward to support my views, the only reason could be the fear of being victimised. We actors do have social responsibilities. Our primary responsibility is to entertain people, irrespective of caste, creed or color. As for expressing our concerns on political issues, I am reminded of the proverb, `too many cooks spoil the broth'. We, the people elect our leaders to form a government and to take care of all political and sensitive issues.

In the Tamil film industry even today you are considered the `king of openings' irrespective of your earlier hits or misses. How do you react to this tag?
Thanks for the compliment.

The reasons for good open ings... Time! Why do you always go in for action films and follow a set pattern, with very few exceptions like Mugavari, Vaali etc. When will we see a romantic Ajith?
I have done films of different genres. Some have done well, some have done well, some have not. Again time is the answer. When the time is good, everything falls into place.
Romantic film? I'll do it when I find a good script! You play a negative role in Mankatha. This doesn't seem to be the usual dual role of a good and bad guy where good triumphs over evil at the end.

How does Venkat Prabhu resolve this. And if he doesn't, do you think your fans will accept it?
I will leave it to my fans and moviegoers to decide after they have watched the film. Have you always found dance movements difficult?
My films may or may not do well. I may or may not be able to dance well. The fact remains that I am still standing! There's a gap between your releases. Unlike other stars, why do you do very few films?
There are many reasons for There are many reasons fo this. One of them is because I want to live my life.
Billa 2 is a prequel.
Were you expected to look 10 to 15 years younger than you look now?
How did you prepare for the role?
Too early to divulge details on Billa 2! Do you plan to do films in any other language?
Not at the moment.
Promos have become an indispensable part of the publicity machinery.
Bollywood actors go all out for their promos. The trend is catching on here as well.
Do you have any promotional plans for Mankatha?
We have no such plans as of now. A good film is good publicity or promotion by itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment